Second Grade Science Test:
Academic Science Words
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Second Grade Science Test Online / Academic Science Words
Instructions: Choose the best answer for each question.
1. the sequence of changes that a living thing goes through as it grows and develops. Birth, growth, reproduction, aging, and death are all stages in the __________ of an animal.
2. to say ahead of time that something will happen.
3. the thing that is in humans, animals, and plants that allows them to grow and to produce more creatures like themselves. Things like rocks do not have __________.
4. a person who works in or studies a science.
5. a drawing that shows information and the relationships between pieces of that information.
6. belonging to a period in a time before written history.
7. an insect after it hatches from an egg and before it changes into its adult form. __________ do not have wings and look like worms. Most kinds of insects spend part of their lives as __________. Caterpillars are a type of __________.
8. materials that are found in nature and that can be used by people in many ways. Fresh water, soil, coal, and forests are all examples of __________.
9. of or produced by nature.
10. to mix completely with a liquid.
11. the typical actions of a person, animal, thing, or group.
12. an animal that hunts other animals for food.
13. an animal being hunted, caught, and eaten by another animal.
14. the measure of space between things or places.
15. an arrangement of shapes, lines, letters, numbers, or colors that can be repeated or used again and again.
16. a source of materials that are valuable or useful.
17. anything such as wood or gasoline that is burned as a source of energy.
18. group of events that repeat at regular times.
19. to sleep through the winter in a den or burrow to save energy. Bears, snakes, and certain other animals __________.
20. a form of matter that is neither liquid nor solid. Oxygen is an example of a __________.
21. the state or condition of being varied or consisting of various kinds.
22. the natural environment of an animal or plant.
23. all or a part of the whole.
24. a device that measures or records distance, speed, time, quantity, or degree.
25. the area that contains the entire universe beyond the earth.
26. relating to a temperature scale on which water freezes at zero degrees and boils at one hundred degrees; centigrade. (abbreviated: C)
27. the condition of being not the same.
28. the feel or look of a surface.
29. a unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter or 0.3937 inch. (abbreviated: cm)
30. things that can be seen and touched.
31. being the same or almost the same.
32. a unit for measuring temperature.
33. a large object in outer space that moves around the sun or another star.
Second Grade Science Test Online