Saturday, October 9, 2021

Writers Checklist FREE PDF Writers Checklist

Best Writers Checklist  FREE PDF Writers Checklist
WRITERS CHECKLIST: OPINION,  INFORMATIVE, DISRIPTAVE, PERSUASIVE, and NARRATIVE. 

Free checklist to revise, edit, and improve student writing. Revision in writing is an ongoing process of small improvements. Writing can always be improved through the process of reading your sentences and paragraphs aloud to a peer and/or teacher. Using "Writers Checklists" are one of the most effective ways to improve writing.


Primary Writer's Revising & Editing Checklist.



WRITING CHECKLIST EDITABLE 

"Six Traits Student Self-Edit Checklist 

Student Facing Checklist for Narrative Writing, Grades K-10 

Clear Writing ChecklistUse the following checklist to create clear, organized, and effective documents.

A Writer’s Checklist  A checklist of questions for assessing your writing:

Checklist for Revising Information Writing A collection of checklist and peer editing and peer review checklist

5th Grade Writer's Checklist: Revision - DOC

CHECKLIST for REVISING MY WRITING

Editing Checklist for Self- and Peer Editing

Editing and Revising Checklist

Revising and Editing Checklist 6 Traits based 

Essay Revision Checklist

Short Story Revision Checklist

Short Story Peer Editing Checklist doc


  Mr. Taylor’s 6 TRAITS Writer’s Checklist: Revision and Editing

I read and reread each sentence aloud to my peers and teachers to revise and edit my writing!

Ideas/Context 

    My paragraph topic is interesting and I stick with one idea.           

    My paragraphs have important supporting details, you can tell I have rich knowledge about my topic. My paragraphs are ALWAYS long enough to cover my topic effectively. 2-7 sentences.

    I have developed a “UNIQUE” topic sentence for each of my paragraphs.

Organization

    My peers can easily understand my sentences when I read them aloud. I have proof that I ACTIVELY listen to Mr. Taylor’s WRITING LESSONS and I use his advice in my own writing.

    My writing is in a logical sequence. I use transitions to get from one paragraph to the next.

    My paragraphs use varying transitions. EXAMPLES: in addition to, furthermore, moreover, besides, than, too, also, both-and, another, equally important, first, second, etc., again, further, last, finally, not only-but also, as well as, in the second place, next, likewise, similarly, in fact, as a result, consequently, in the same way, for example, for instance, NOT EACH AND EVERY PARAGRAPH NEEDS A TRANSITION!

Voice

    My paragraphs have an interesting emotional tone and or a personal connection.

    I use personal examples where appropriate

Word Choice

    My word choice is creative, informative, and fun. I avoid repeating the same words! NEVER USE THE WORD THING OR STUFF!

    My writing ALWAYS has interesting vocabulary in each sentence based on my readings or my personal experience.

Sentence Fluency  Declarative Sentence. Interrogative Sentence. Imperative Sentence. Exclamatory Sentence.

    My report/writing has engaging varied sentences.

    My conclusion/ending is reflective of ideas presented in my paragraph, a call to action, a question, and/or personal.

    My sentences are ALWAYS varied in length, correct word choice, and the structure of each paragraph is unique.

Conventions COPS

Capitals

  *Does my sentence begin with a capital letter?

  Do all proper nouns begin with a capital letter?

Organization

  When I read my sentence aloud to my partner and my teachers, it sounds correct/right/excellent?

  I indent the first line of my paragraphs, or I skip a line between paragraphs.

  *My work is neat and legible.

Punctuation

  *Do my sentences end correctly? ( . ! ?)

  When I pause, do I use the correct mark? ( ,  “ ” : ; )

Spelling

  *Are all of my text-based words are spelled correctly?

  Are all my no excuses words spelled correctly?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!