Using games to reinforce knowledge of Literary Elements is a fun way to prepare for CCSS ELA content and PARCC and Smarter Balanced. Knowledge of Literary Elements and Poetic Devise is critical for students to pass standardized test.
1. Glencoe/McGraw-Hill Education has one of the best Literary Elements Games online!
The Glencoe games are for Middle to High School students or advanced elementary students.
"Take a virtual ride through the literary cosmos in this interactive game designed to test your knowledge of the literary elements in your book. View a definition on your screen and then click on its matching literary element from a choice of terms floating through space. Race against the clock or challenge a partner to play!" Glencoe/McGraw-Hill Education Literary Elements Game Online 4-12
2. Teacher Made AP English Literary Elements PPT Game AP English Jeopardy Quiz Game 4-12
3. Literary Elements Terms Jeopardy 4-12
4. Quia Literary Elements Quiz 40 Questions 4-12
5. Quia Literary Terms Quiz Longer 4-12
6. Elements of Fiction Review Basic Review of Plot Setting Characterization 4-8
7. PBS KIDS Primary Reading Games k-6
8. Fun English Games Website Poetry and Reading Games Middle and High School 4-12
9. Reading is Fundamental Primary Reading Games K-6
10. Synonym Toast game Scholastic 4-8 Grade
11. Funbrain Rooting out Root Words 4-8 Grade
Please Share Any Online Literary Elements Resources you Find!!