- Establish Micro goals to increase STUDENT confidence:
GROWTH MINDSET PRAISE CARDS
- Give formative feedback that focuses on their actions, work effort and learning strategies: When they succeed, praise their progress and efforts rather than praising their smartness. That is because most students consider intelligence or being smart as a fixed trait if you start complimenting their intelligence this may undermine their performance and motivation. So help your students to understand the importance of their own actions in achieving success.
- Focus on cooperative activities rather than competitive activities: each student is different from in terms of their intelligence skills and abilities. If a student is poor in reading then he or she will never think of participating in any activity which involves reading. So it is important to design activities that involve the cooperation of all students rather than individualistic or competitive. Moreover, recent studies also suggest that students feel more successful and motivated when working in cooperative environments.
- Value Learning: Let’s face it, most students show less interest
- Create a risk tolerant learning zone: It is important to create a
Sunday, August 28, 2016
GROWTH MINDSET PRAISE WORDS
Growth Mindset Classroom Activities, Growth Mindset Praise Words and Punch Cards, Growth Mindset Praise Cards and Ways to Encourage a Growth Mindset in your Classroom!
“The wrong kind of praise creates self-defeating behavior. The right kind motivates students to learn.” – Carol Dweck
Effective Ways to Encourage a Growth Mindset in the Classroom