- Establish Micro goals to increase STUDENT confidence:
GROWTH MINDSET PRAISE CARDS
- Give formative feedback that focuses on their actions, work effort and learning strategies: When they succeed, praise their progress and efforts rather than praising their smartness. That is because most students consider intelligence or being smart as a fixed trait if you start complimenting their intelligence this may undermine their performance and motivation. So help your students to understand the importance of their own actions in achieving success.
- Focus on cooperative activities rather than competitive activities: each student is different from in terms of their intelligence skills and abilities. If a student is poor in reading then he or she will never think of participating in any activity which involves reading. So it is important to design activities that involve the cooperation of all students rather than individualistic or competitive. Moreover, recent studies also suggest that students feel more successful and motivated when working in cooperative environments.
- Value Learning: Let’s face it, most students show less interest
- Create a risk tolerant learning zone: It is important to create a
[PDF]Primary Lesson Plans - The NED Show
Six lesson plans that introduce and focus on growth vs. fixed mindset. How to Grow ... Every lesson plan aligns with grade- ....
[PDF]Introduction to Brainology
understanding of the growth mindset, and to guide the student to the study skills ... Go! contains instructions and printable materials for classroom activities that ...
[PDF]Growth Mindset Lesson Plan - Amazon S3
research center on academic mindsets, created this lesson together in order to ... Cultivating a growth mindset in students can (unfortunately) be quite tricky.
[PDF]What is a Growth Mindset? In this activity you will spend some time ...
The reflection guide is at the top of your “Growth Mindset Lesson. Planning Template.” ...
[PDF]mindset resources for school counselors - Old Donation School
Encouraging a Growth Mindset. Phrases that ... Growth Mindset Lesson Plan ... Worksheets for role playing how to respond to colleagues, parents, and students.
[PDF]Mindset Activities for the Secondary Classroom - isacs
Introduction. -My details. -How I discovered Mindsets. -Summary of Dr. Carol Dweck'sbook. -Why this feels so important to me. · What I've done ...
[PDF]Using FAILURE to build resilience and motivation @ school.
The 6 x 50 minute lesson plans with accompanying activity sheets are designed to introduce your students to a growth mindset through various activities. The.