Thursday, September 9, 2021

Reading Comprehension Sentence Stems Sentence Starters Simple to Complex

100 Editable and Free Reading Comprehension Sentence Stems and Sentence Starters 

Inference and Drawing Conclusion Worksheets pdf

Inferential Reading Comprehension Considerations Packet pdf

Guide to teaching inference pdf Sample questions on inference

Effective Teaching of Inference Skills for Reading pdf

Think Aloud Sentence Starters PDF

Thinking Stems: Being An Active Reader PDF
K-12 STANDARDS-BASED QUESTION STEMS PDF

ACTIVE READING STRATEGIES & Sentence Starters PDF
Reader-Response Stems PDF
HIGHER-ORDER THINKING QUESTION STEMS PDF

Bloom’s Question Starters for Higher Order Thinking 

Reading Comprehension Strategies Question Stems PDF
Reading 3D TRC Question Stems PDF

  1. My favorite character was...
  2. My favorite setting was...
  3. My favorite plot element was...
  4. I can summarize the exposition of the story in one sentence...
  5. I can summarize the rising action of the story in one sentence...
  6. I can summarize the climax of the story in one sentence...
  7. I can summarize the falling action of the story in one sentence...
  8. I can summarize the resolution of the story in one sentence...
  9. I can summarize the obligatory scene of the story in one sentence...
  10. I would change the plot by...
  11. The mood of the text is highlighted by the author's use of...
  12. The tone of the author's word choice conveys...
  13. The plot was flawed because...
  14. The plot was flawless because...
  15. After examining the facts I...
  16. The big theme I noticed was...
  17. The facts are easy/hard to understand because...
  18. I inferred from the characters' dialogue that...
  19. I wonder what happened after/before,…
  20. I discovered,...
  21. I have a few questions I would ask...
  22. I inferred that...
  23. After reading I concluded...
  24. Based on the facts/evidence I inferred...
  25. I ponder,…
  26. The main message of the text/poem is...
  27. The author uses imagery words to convey...
  28. I was shocked when...
  29. I think the story is mainly about...
  30. I think,…
  31. I learned,…
  32. I've reflected on,...
  33. After further reflection I,...
  34. What I thought (believed) was wrong,...
  35. My imagination was on fire after,...
  36. I know my understanding is,...
  37. My mind was changed after reading,...
  38. I have considered many ideas/thoughts/facts,…
  39. How did/do I feel after learning/ reading,…
  40. What would I say about,…
  41. If given a chance to speak with,.... I would,…
  42. I have two/three takeaways after reading,…
  43. For me the most important/interesting idea/issue/fact was,…
  44. A few suggestions that I will give myself after reading/learning,…
  45. I have improved my understanding of,…
  46. Having learned about,… I feel/ know/ question/ think/ wonder/ understand/ doubt/ felt/ realized,…
  47. Because I do not fully comprehend I will need to,…
  48. My comprehension/ understanding/ knowledge was expanded after/ when I,…
  49. This knowledge could be essential for me in my,…
  50. Previously I thought (did not think),…
  51. My new understanding of,…began after I… 
  52. I have developed a deep appreciation for,…
  53. Initially, I questioned my understanding about,…
  54. Having learned/ studied/ read I know feel/ think/ know/ realize/ wonder/ question/ know,…
  55. Initially, I never questioned my,…
  56. This new insight/knowledge/understanding is essential for me because,…
  57. After researching the important facts, I was surprised by,…
  58. This makes me feel,…
  59. For me, I am not yet certain about...
  60. The significant/relevant/poignant/important for me was,…
  61. What I discovered today is,… 
  62. I've cogitated and digested many ideas on,…
  63. I've deliberated on many issues,…
  64. I've found a new way to look at this,…
  65. I see some ideas in a new light,…
  66. What I never considered before was,…
  67. What I was hoping to learn/discover/uncover is... 
  68. I recently figured out why/how/who,…
  69. I was challenged when,…
  70. How I changed my mind and my stars (future) was,…?
  71. I changed my mind about,…
  72. I have some pretty strange notions about,…
  73. I know a little about,…
  74. It might be crazy to think,…
  75. I learned that...
  76. More often than not I … 
  77. A different idea I have on,…
  78. A few interesting things I've learned,… 
  79. Today, I was inspired to,… 
  80. I’ve discovered that,… 
  81. There are many/different ways to look at,… 
  82. After careful deliberation,…
  83. What I like about,…  
  84. I know there’s 
  85. I’ve reflected on,.... 
  86. There is one thing that intrigues me about… 
  87. I’m thoroughly impressed with … 
  88. What I thought is,… 
  89. The main theme of the poem is...
  90. If we really want to make a difference then … 
  91. I have an exciting announcement … 
  92. There are many proven strategies that I … 
  93. I thought it would be interesting to share … 
  94. I now know that... 
  95. An interesting thing that I discovered was… 
  96. The more I read/researched/studied the more I realize that … 
  97. I am really intrigued to know/learn that … 
  98. When ‘fishing for ideas’ I tend to … 
  99. Wow! Sometimes the truth hurts because I…
  100. PLEASE SHARE A SENTENCE STARTER OF YOUR OWN

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!