Saturday, December 9, 2023

Josie's Christmas Wish: A Lost Dog and Lessons in Poetry

Act 1

(Josie sits by the window in her bedroom, resting her chin on her hands as she stares outside at the falling snow. She sighs.)

Josie: Another Christmas Eve comes and I'm still all alone. I wish more than anything I could have a puppy to play with.

Act 2

(Josie puts on her winter clothes - hat, scarf, gloves - and trudges out into the snowy evening. The crunching of the snow is loud as she kicks it while walking down the quiet, empty street.)

Josie (muttering to herself): It's not fair. Every year I ask my parents for a puppy and they never get me one. Maybe if I wish hard enough this year will be different.

Act 3

(Josie hears a faint whimpering sound down a narrow alley between shops. She follows it and discovers a small, shivering puppy covered in snow.)

Josie (kneeling down): Oh, you poor little guy! What are you doing out here all alone? You must be freezing without even a collar to keep you warm.

Act 4

(The puppy looks up at Josie with big, bright eyes. His tail wags slightly despite the falling snow around them.)

Josie: I’m going to take care of you, don’t worry. No pup should be alone on Christmas Eve. (She wraps her scarf gently around the puppy.)

Act 5

(Josie picks up the puppy and cradles him in her arms to warm him up as she begins walking.)

Josie: Let’s get you home and fed, little one. I promise I’ll give you some snuggles and treats too.

Act 6

(Josie carries the pup all the way home as snow falls around them through the dark, cold night.)

Act 7

(The next morning, Josie wakes up to find the puppy curled up on a blanket near the Christmas tree. He lifts his head sleepily and looks up at Josie, tail wagging.)

Josie: Good morning! I’m so happy you’re here. This must be a Christmas miracle!

Act 8

(The puppy scampers over to Josie, yipping excitedly. Josie laughs and pets him.)

Josie: You’re my special gift this year! Now you’ll have a warm home and a friend. Maybe mom and dad will even let me keep you. What should I name you?

Act 9

(Josie smiles brightly as the puppy snuggles in her lap under the Christmas tree.)

Josie: This means no more lonely holidays for either of us. You’re the Christmas wish come true I always hoped for!

Act 10

(Josie hugs the puppy, feeling overjoyed to have a canine companion for Christmas at last.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!