Raise MAP Math Score | NWEA MATH Test Scores
Reading and Vocabulary Games
Math Vocabulary Game Cards
Vocabulary Game Cards1st
Vocabulary Game Cards 2nd
Vocabulary Game Cards 3rd
Vocabulary Game Cards 4th
Vocabulary Game Cards 5th
Vocabulary Game Cards 6th
Vocabulary Game Cards 7th
Vocabulary Game Cards 8th
HARD GAME CARDS
Power Words 4th Grade Reading Vocabulary
Power Words 4th Grade Reading Vocabulary II
Metaphor and Simile
Science Vocabulary Cards
Science 4th and 5th Grade
The Legendary Lands is the Best Way to increase Reading and Math Scores!
The game was designed to easily teach complex concepts like tier 2 and tier 3 academic vocabularies in a fun and novel way!
PDF Sample of Games Cards Grade 4
Sample One Sample Two Sample Three Sample Four
Sample Study Cards 1 Sample Study Cards 2
Sample Study Cards 3
Knowledge of key academic concepts is imperative for success on standardized test.
- The Game can be played as an ongoing simulation with teams or individuals working towards literary goals. Graduating with a diploma[s] from different colleges or building their own University.
- The game can be played similarly to classic risk with the roll of the dice determining the outcome.
- The game can played using the student’s knowledge of tier 2 and 3 academic vocabulary, math facts, quick math problems, reading comprehensions passages, or math terms to determine the outcome.
- The students can invent their own plot ideas, Miss Red R Hood is captured and must be rescued, Queen Eleanor is besieged by Mr. Wolf in the Aquitaine Castle.
- Students can use the Board | Map and Characters and make up their own rule.
- The game is a great teaching tool for all forms of creative writing.
The Legendary Lands Rules
The Game can be played using modified Risk rules, as a teaching aide and or simulation, replacing the dice rolls with the students knowledge to determine the outcome.
The game pieces are organized and its time to set up the game!
Rescue Red Initial Set Up
|Lady Alice Amelia Wonderland|
You and your students can make Steampunk characters or use literary characters like Alice in Wonderland.
- Lady Alice Amelia Wonderland | Airship Designer and Captain
- Lord Jack “The Bean” Quick | Steampunk Mechanic and Engineer
- Mr. Wolf | Sky Pirate
- Miss Red R. Hood | Wolf Hunter, Geographer and Cartographer
- Mr. P. N. Boots | Ships Captain Retired
- Kate "Bonny Lass" Crackernuts | Restaurateur, Airship Caterer and Chef
- Baron Von Rum Pelstiltskin | Time Bandit and Part Time Gold Weaver
- Mr. Harry "Mad" Hatter | Tea Monger and Clockwork Engineer
- Count Harry Beast | Barrister of Enchantments and Curses
Chronology of “The Legendary Lands”
When a player is ending his/her turn they should:
|Steampunk Airship | Steampunk Sky Pirates|
B. minimum of one scholar must remain on a Territory at all times to show who is in possession of that territory.
Time Bandits, Sky Pirates, Sea Pirates Probability Charts
Legendary Lands Conveyance
Lose half your scholars
Sky Pirates, Time Bandits, Sea Pirates
Lose half your money or lose 2 turns
Roll 3 or higher
Roll a Six
3 Atlantis Miles
Roll 4 or higher
6 Atlantis Miles
Roll a Six
A Sample of a Vocabulary Flash Cards used with Board Games or "The Legendary Lands" A student reads the definition and a student must provide the term or read the term to the player and they must give a denotation or connotation.
Student can also use reading passages and answers but this slows down the play. Read the Passage and answer the question:
Sample Reading Passages
A solar cell (also called a photovoltaic cell) is an electrical device that converts the energy of light directly into electricity by the photovoltaic effect. It is a form of photoelectric cell that when exposed to light can generate and support an electric current without being attached to any external voltage source. The term "photovoltaic" comes from the Greek meaning "light", and from "Volt", the unit of electro-motive force, the volt, which in turn comes from the last name of the Italian physicist Alessandro Volta, inventor of the battery (electrochemical cell). The term "photo-voltaic" has been in use in English since 1849. Words 128 reading Level High School
If answered correctly Move 6 or win the Battle
- A solar cell generates electricity using heat.
- The term "photovoltaic" comes from the Italian meaning "light"
- A photo-voltaic cell works without an outside power source.
|Learning the CCSS ELA the Fun Way!|
Which of these statements is not true?
- Saturn is the largest planet in the solar system and has nine large rings.
- Saturn is named after the Greek god Saturn.
- Titan, Saturn’s moon is larger than all others moons in the solar system except one.
|Steampunk Character Sheet Back|