"Nobody but a reader ever became a writer."
What are Mentor Texts? A mentor text is a quality piece of writing that is used to teach students writing structures and reading/writing strategies. Mentor text gives exemplars of writing with engaging ideas, proper conventions, varied structures and types, rhetorical modes, organization, combining styles of writing or any aspect or domain of writing.
|Mentor Text to Teach Writing|
Teachers that need students to meet or exceed on state writing test must use mentor text with targeted and rigorous graphic organizers that spiral throughout the year to prepare students for ever more difficult State writing assessments.
Mentor Text List By Grade Level
Teaching Skills with Children's Literature as Mentor Text
Teaching Leads With Mentor Texts: - Curriculum
Social Issues Book List - The Reading & Writing Project
Mentor Texts: - Michigan District, LCMS
Follett Webinar Event | Follett Learning
First Grade Mentor Text List 2014-2015
Unit of Study: Informational Writing and Research for 3 -5 ...
Second Grade Mentor Text List 2014-2015
Appendix B.indd - Common Core State Standards
Mentor Texts - Niskayuna School District
Grade 5 Writing Units of Study - Portland Public Schools
Books to Support Readers' and Writers' Workshop - Hillside ...
LANGUAGE ARTS GRADES K-8 THE EWING PUBLIC ...
Genre Study - Heinemann
Teacher made mentor text to motivate boys to write!
- Title: Dragons Through History
- A Short History of the Dagger
- A Short History of the Battle Axe
- A Short History of the English Longbow
- A Short History of the Cross Bow
- Acquaint Yourself With The Medieval Weapons And Medieval Swords
- A History of the Hanseatic League
- The History Of The Army Green Berets
- The Days of the Phalanx – Ancient Greece weapons
- Myth or Fact the Abominable Snowman
- Myth or Fact the Voodoo Zombies
- Myth or Fact the Roswell Aliens
- Myth or Fact Ancient Aliens Created the Nazca Lines
- Title: The Gladiators – From History To Movies
- Title: The Philosophy of Samurai Swords
- Child Slavery and Your Chocolate Bar
- Child Labor and Your Jeans, Electronics, and Games
- Neil Aden Armstrong 1969: First Human on the Moon
- The Sonoran Desert Flora and Fauna
- Crocodile & Alligator Divergences
Writing With Mentor Texts Webinar
Mentor Texts: The 7 Elements of a Differentiated Writing Lesson
20 Strategies to Teach Text Structure
Show Me How! Using Mentor Test to Guild Readers and Writers