Saturday, May 28, 2016

4th Grade Reading Goals and Benchmarks | 4th Grade CCSS ELA

A “SMART” CCSS ELA Reading GOALs

 S = Specific | Scholarly | Studious 
 M = Measurable | Meaningful | Mighty
 A = Attainable | Adroit | Accelerated
 R = Relevant | Rigorous | Robust
 T = Time-bound | Tailored | Tangible

4th Grade Reading Goals and Benchmarks

Reading Benchmarks and Student Products
Not Yet
Yes
Wow
1
I can fluently read grade level literature and higher at 140-200 correct words per minute.



2
I can correctly answer two step reading comprehension questions (drawing conclusions and making inferences) using DOK Level 2 and 3 level concepts with multiple types of literature (expository text) non-fiction and (narrative) fiction.



3
I can differentiate between Tier 2 cognitive verbs (Academic Vocabulary) i.e. facts, opinion effect, affect.

I can differentiate between Tier 3 Academic Content Concepts (Academic Vocabulary) e.g. simile, personification, .



4
I can compare and contrast literary concepts like plot, theme, characters (protagonist, antagonist), events, authors view point, and setting in a story.



5
I can read, understand, and summarize a variety of complex texts, including: legends, novels, folklore, science fiction / nonfiction: autobiographies, informational books, diaries, journals / poetry: conceit, haiku / drama: skits, plays.



6
I can read for understanding using multiple close reading strategies; Cornell notes, Socratic seminars, ranking surveys, cause and effect graphic organizers, story mapping and sequencing, inferring, keyword outlines, and drawing conclusions using text evidence to understand deeper what I read.



7
I can read daily for enjoyment and personal growth.



8
I can read paired text with complex concepts and discuss, write and revise my opinions, ideas and thoughts.



9
Add your Ideas! 






Math Benchmarks



1
I can use multiple strategies and math models to divide with a two-digit divisors.



2
I can state division facts through 12s.(4-5min test)



3
I can use multiple strategies and math models to multiply a three-digit number by a three-digit number.



4
I can multiple strategies, math models to determine the equivalent decimal, fraction and percent.



5
I can estimate for length, weight, and volume using both customary and metric units.



6
I can state multiplication facts through 12s. (5min test)



7
I can identify and model geometry concepts, congruent figures, geometric shapes, area, perimeter and angles.



8
I can read and create a bar graph, pie chart data tables etc, and answer correctly data questions.



9
I can create and identify statistical data to find mode, median, mean, range, and scale.







Writing Benchmarks



1
I can write a properly formatted paragraph in 5-10 minutes. Topic sentence, Supporting Sentences, Concluding Sentence, inducing transitions with proper spelling and conventions.



2
I can write in neat legible cursive.



3
I can write an appropriate five-paragraph essay in two hours.



4
I can write a science report (5-10 paragraph) using the scientific method to prove or disprove my hypothesis. 



5
I can write about the complex literary concepts that include, characters, events, and setting in a story.



6
I can write a persuasive essay and letter.



7
I can write appropriate letters of request, letters of complaint and friendly letters.



8
I can effectively use the Six-Traits of writing in all of my work.



9
I can write a exciting personal narrative



10
I can use a word processor to write






Language Arts Benchmarks



1
I can state the appropriate use for the parts of speech.



2
I can state and use appropriate grammar and spelling in writing.



3
I can produce work that follows the conventions of particular genres (e.g., personal and imaginative narrative, research reports, reading logs.



4
I can use varied reference materials and sources to support my writing and understanding (e.g., encyclopedias, websites, glossaries, dictionaries, thesaurus) to identify and comprehend unknown text concepts and words.



5
I can summarize main ideas and major points from fiction and nonfiction text(s) to clarify and retain information and ideas.



6
I can actively listen and ask questions to acquire, deepen, and understand new information.



7






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!