We live, teach, and work in a time of great stress and isolation for many, this state of existence can translate to a classroom that struggles to thrive. We as teachers can function on autopilot at times and neglect our human needs and the needs of our students. Cloe Maddens and Anthony Robbins share with us six human needs that may bring balance, harmony, and positive motivation to a modern classroom.
Cloe Maddens and Anthony Robbins teach that all people must fulfill six emotional needs, and that often they meet these needs in dysfunctional ways. The six human needs are:
- Certainty/Stability. Assurance you can avoid pain and gain pleasure.
- Variety/Novelty. The need for variety, the unknown, change, new stimuli.
- Significance. Feeling unique, important, special or needed.
- Love/connection/relationship. A strong feeling of closeness or union with someone or something.
- Growth/learning. An expansion of capacity, capability or understanding.
- Contribution/caring. A sense of service and focus on helping, giving to and supporting others
This Video is not for students: TV-14 for Language