Thursday, September 3, 2026

181-DAY OG + MONTESSORI READING ADVENTURE

 READING SAGE

181-DAY OG + MONTESSORI READING ADVENTURE

LESSONS 11–20: MEET THE LETTER SOUNDS


πŸ”€ LESSON 11: MEET THE LETTER M



🎯 Today's Learning Goal

I can recognize the letter m and say its sound.

Today's Sound

m

m says /mmmm/

Like:

🐭 mouse
πŸŒ™ moon
πŸ—Ί️ map

Parent Tip

Tell your child:

"The letter m makes a long, humming sound. Put your lips together and hum: /mmmm/."


1️⃣ WARM-UP WORDS

Listen for the beginning sound.

moon
map
mouse
mom
sun

Ask:

"Which words begin with /mmmm/?"

moon, map, mouse, mom


2️⃣ HEART WORDS

Look and Say

I  a

Practice:

I am.


3️⃣ THE MINI STORY

πŸŒ™ The Moon

I see the moon.

The moon is big.

I see the moon.


4️⃣ QUESTIONS

1. What does the child see?

a. the moon
b. a pig
c. a dog

2. What sound does m make?

a. /mmmm/
b. /ssss/
c. /ttt/


πŸ’¬ TALK IT OVER

Ask:

Can you find something that begins with the /mmmm/ sound?

Try looking around the room!


πŸ”€ LESSON 12: MEET THE LETTER A



🎯 Today's Learning Goal

I can recognize the letter a and say /a/.

Today's Sound

a

a says /a/

Like:

🍎 apple
🐜 ant
🐊 alligator


1️⃣ WARM-UP WORDS

Listen for /a/.

apple
ant
alligator
sun
moon

Which words begin with /a/?


2️⃣ HEART WORDS

Look and Say

a  the

Point to the word:

a

Then point to:

the


3️⃣ THE MINI STORY

🐜 The Ant

I see an ant.

The ant is small.

I see the ant.


4️⃣ QUESTIONS

1. What animal is in the story?

a. an ant
b. a dog
c. a pig

2. What sound does a make?

/a/


πŸ’¬ TALK IT OVER

Ask:

What other words begin with /a/?

Possible answers:

apple, animal, astronaut


πŸ”€ LESSON 13: MEET THE LETTER S



🎯 Today's Learning Goal

I can recognize the letter s and say /ssss/.

Today's Sound

s

s says /ssss/

Like:

☀️ sun
🐍 snake
🧦 sock

Tell your child:

"Let the sound slide out like a snake: sssss!"


1️⃣ WARM-UP WORDS

Listen for /s/.

sun
sock
snake
map
ant

Which words begin with /s/?


2️⃣ HEART WORDS

Look and Say

I  see

Practice:

I see.


3️⃣ THE MINI STORY

☀️ The Sun

I see the sun.

The sun is up.

I see the sun.


4️⃣ QUESTIONS

1. What is in the sky?

a. the sun
b. a pig
c. a hat

2. What sound does s make?

/ssss/


πŸ’¬ TALK IT OVER

Ask:

Can you stretch the /s/ sound like a snake?

ssssssssssss!

Then ask:

What begins with /s/?


πŸ”€ LESSON 14: MEET THE LETTER F



🎯 Today's Learning Goal

I can recognize the letter f and say /ffff/.

Today's Sound

f

f says /ffff/

Like:

🐟 fish
🌸 flower
🐸 frog


1️⃣ WARM-UP WORDS

Listen for /f/.

fish
frog
flower
sun
moon

Which words begin with /f/?


2️⃣ HEART WORDS

Look and Say

a  my

Practice:

my fish


3️⃣ THE MINI STORY

🐟 My Fish

I see my fish.

The fish can swim.

My fish is fun.


4️⃣ QUESTIONS

1. What animal is in the story?

a. a fish
b. a cat
c. a pig

2. What sound does f make?

/ffff/


πŸ’¬ TALK IT OVER

Ask:

Can you make the /ffff/ sound?

Then:

Can you name something that begins with /f/?


πŸ”€ LESSON 15: MEET THE LETTER L



🎯 Today's Learning Goal

I can recognize the letter l and say /llll/.

Today's Sound

l

l says /llll/

Like:

🦁 lion
πŸ‹ lemon
πŸ”† light


1️⃣ WARM-UP WORDS

Listen for /l/.

lion
lemon
light
sun
fish

Which words begin with /l/?


2️⃣ HEART WORDS

Look and Say

I  like

Practice:

I like...

Let your child finish the sentence.


3️⃣ THE MINI STORY

🦁 The Little Lion

I see a lion.

The lion is little.

I like the lion.


4️⃣ QUESTIONS

1. What animal is in the story?

a. a lion
b. a fish
c. a pig

2. What sound does l make?

/llll/


πŸ’¬ TALK IT OVER

Ask:

What do you like?

Then listen for words that begin with /l/.


πŸ”€ LESSON 16: MEET THE LETTER N



🎯 Today's Learning Goal

I can recognize the letter n and say /nnnn/.

Today's Sound

n

n says /nnnn/

Like:

πŸ‘ƒ nose
πŸŒ™ night
πŸ₯œ nut


1️⃣ WARM-UP WORDS

Listen for /n/.

nose
night
nut
sun
fish

Which words begin with /n/?


2️⃣ HEART WORDS

Look and Say

the  my

Practice:

my nose


3️⃣ THE MINI STORY

πŸ‘ƒ My Nose

I have a nose.

My nose can smell.

My nose is small.


4️⃣ QUESTIONS

1. What can a nose do?

a. smell
b. fly
c. jump

2. What sound does n make?

/nnnn/


πŸ’¬ TALK IT OVER

Ask:

Can you touch your nose?

Then:

What other words begin with /n/?


πŸ”€ LESSON 17: MEET THE LETTER R



🎯 Today's Learning Goal

I can recognize the letter r and say /rrrr/.

Today's Sound

r

r says /rrrr/

Like:

πŸ‡ rabbit
🌈 rainbow
πŸ€– robot


1️⃣ WARM-UP WORDS

Listen for /r/.

rabbit
rainbow
robot
moon
sun

Which words begin with /r/?


2️⃣ HEART WORDS

Look and Say

I  see

Practice:

I see...


3️⃣ THE MINI STORY

🐰 The Rabbit

I see a rabbit.

The rabbit can run.

The rabbit is fast.


4️⃣ QUESTIONS

1. What animal is in the story?

a. a rabbit
b. a lion
c. a fish

2. What can the rabbit do?

a. run
b. fly
c. swim


πŸ’¬ TALK IT OVER

Ask:

What sound do you hear first in rabbit?

/rrrr/

Can you make a growling /rrrr/ sound?


πŸ”€ LESSON 18: MEET THE LETTER V



🎯 Today's Learning Goal

I can recognize the letter v and say /vvvv/.

Today's Sound

v

v says /vvvv/

Like:

🚐 van
πŸŒ‹ volcano
🎻 violin

Parent Tip

Have your child gently place their fingers on their throat.

Say:

/vvvv/

Ask:

"Do you feel a little vibration?"


1️⃣ WARM-UP WORDS

Listen for /v/.

van
violin
volcano
sun
moon

Which words begin with /v/?


2️⃣ HEART WORDS

Look and Say

a  I

Practice:

I see a...


3️⃣ THE MINI STORY

🚐 The Van

I see a van.

The van is big.

The van can go.


4️⃣ QUESTIONS

1. What does the child see?

a. a van
b. a cat
c. a frog

2. What sound does v make?

/vvvv/


πŸ’¬ TALK IT OVER

Ask:

Can you feel the vibration when you say /vvvv/?

Then compare:

/ffff/ and /vvvv/

Which one makes your throat buzz?


πŸ”€ LESSON 19: MEET THE LETTER Z











🎯 Today's Learning Goal

I can recognize the letter z and say /zzzz/.

Today's Sound

z

z says /zzzz/

Like:

🐝 buzz
πŸ¦“ zebra
🧁 zip


1️⃣ WARM-UP WORDS

Listen for /z/.

zebra
zip
zoo
sun
moon

Which words begin with /z/?


2️⃣ HEART WORDS

Look and Say

the  a

Practice:

the zoo


3️⃣ THE MINI STORY

πŸ¦“ At the Zoo

I see a zebra.

The zebra is big.

I see the zebra.


4️⃣ QUESTIONS

1. What animal is in the story?

a. a zebra
b. a pig
c. a cat

2. What sound does z make?

/zzzz/


πŸ’¬ TALK IT OVER

Ask:

Can you buzz like a bee?

zzzzzzzz!

Then:

What other word begins with /z/?


⭐ LESSON 20: SOUND REVIEW



🎯 Today's Learning Goal

I can recognize and say the sounds I have learned.

Today's Sounds

m • a • s • f • l • n • r • v • z

Parent points randomly to each letter.

Ask your child to say the sound.

Try Again!

m → /mmmm/

a → /a/

s → /ssss/

f → /ffff/

l → /llll/

n → /nnnn/

r → /rrrr/

v → /vvvv/

z → /zzzz/


1️⃣ WARM-UP WORDS

Sound Detective!

What sound do you hear first?

moon → /m/

sun → /s/

fish → /f/

lion → /l/

nose → /n/

rabbit → /r/

van → /v/

zebra → /z/

ant → /a/


2️⃣ HEART WORDS

Review

I  a  the  my  see

Parent reads the words.

Ask your child to:

  • Point to I

  • Point to the

  • Point to my

  • Point to see

  • Point to a


3️⃣ THE MINI STORY

🌞🐟🦁 A Day of Animals

I see the sun.

I see a fish.

I see a lion.

My day is fun!


4️⃣ QUESTIONS

1. What is in the sky?

a. the sun
b. the lion
c. the fish

2. What animals are in the story?

a. a fish and a lion
b. a dog and a cat
c. a pig and a rabbit


πŸ’¬ TALK IT OVER

Ask:

Which letter makes the /mmmm/ sound?

Which letter makes the /ssss/ sound?

Which letter makes the /ffff/ sound?

Then finish with a celebration:

"Look how many sounds you know! Letters are symbols that help us see the sounds in words. Soon, you will start putting these sounds together to read words!"


⭐ LESSONS 11–20 CHECKPOINT

Your child is learning to:

☐ Recognize m
☐ Recognize a
☐ Recognize s
☐ Recognize f
☐ Recognize l
☐ Recognize n
☐ Recognize r
☐ Recognize v
☐ Recognize z
☐ Connect letters with their sounds

πŸŽ‰ CELEBRATE PROGRESS!

Remember: there is no need to rush.

If your child needs to repeat a lesson, repeat it.

If your child is having fun and wants to continue, continue.

The goal is not to finish the curriculum as quickly as possible.

The goal is to build confident, joyful readers who understand that letters represent sounds—and that they have the power to unlock words and stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!