|Glow and GROW | FORMATIVE FEEDBACK|
GLOW Note: Students are engaged, meeting goals, did something fantastic, on task attentive or helping others! GROW Note: Students are working towards meeting goals but students can use some formative feedback to improve from “Not Yet?” to “Got It!” I also use Mighty Cards or a quick positive message on a post-it.
Glow and Grow, Praise Listening, Questioning, Learning, Thinking and Growth
- I like how you listen
- I like the way you try
- You made me happy when you asked that great question
- Your reason was fantastic
- That was a thoughtful answer
- Your questions and ideas are marvelous. Never stop being a brilliant thinker
- You impress me with your maturity and sense of responsibility
- I love your funny perspective, ideas, questions!
- Wow, that was insightful; your reflection/question was exemplary and brilliant.
- I love seeing your smile; it brightens my day, it brings joy to our class.
- Thank you for shining in class with your brilliant ideas and questions!
- I wish you would make me laugh like that more often.
- You're dazzling and amazing when you share, thank you.
- I am proud of your amazing attention/questions and thoughtful listening
- Please show me a better way
- Why is this not ready for...
- Please explain why you did it this way
- Please help me understand your answer
- Why did you pick that strategy
- Did you use your tools?
- Please support your answer with more evidence